What to know, before you go – Tip 2

by hunter.nigel, 1st September 2015

In the UK it is referred to as as VAT, but it is known as IVA in Portugal, and at the time of writing it is set slightly above VAT at 23%. Persons from outside the European Union (EU) and visiting for less than 180 days, can reclaim this tax by requesting a form named “Isena à the VAT”. To take advantage of the opportunity to get this money back this form is presented to customs when leaving the country.